As a follow-on to our last post about effective cover letters, here are some tips to grease the skids on your next difficult Life Case.
Rapid turnaround is the result of thorough & thoughtful case preparation. When Impaired Risk Life Cases are presented, evaluated and priced quickly, everybody wins. By allowing the underwriters to concentrate on clients and medical histories, rather than sifting through documents and trying to organize pages, you get the answers you need in a timely and consistent fashion.
What makes an Impaired Risk Life Insurance Case “prepared”? The most important things are to:
- Submit a cover memo attached to each case that explains
the pertinent details in concise, to-the-point language.
- Submit the entire case in chronological order, deleting duplicate pages.
Here’s what makes a good cover letter:
- Tell us what the other carriers’ actions were, and why.
- Tell us what you need to place the case (ratings and premiums).
- See our Blog-post on this subject at: http://ta-partners.blogspot.com/2015/03/black-white-sketch-vs-color-photograph.html
- Putting the case in chronological order helps us understand and get to
know the client.
- Tabbing or otherwise highlighting pertinent pages allows the underwriter to
quickly get to the details.
- As cases are presented electronically and documents are scanned, good
case preparation will lead to faster turnaround!
Adam Thompson is Senior Vice President for Business Development
at The Thompson Agency. His background experiences in both Education and Marketing are invaluable contributors to his creative entrepreneurial thinking and writing.
You can reach Adam at: 800.842.8289 Ext. 302
or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org